Bernie is a practitioner, trainer, facilitator, and coach specialising in communication. Bernie has a strong facilitative style and challenges clients thinking about themselves, the future and how to change. He emphasises simplicity and focuses on using what's already working for clients..
The scope of Bernie's work covers:
- Communication Coaching: Coaching private and public sector leaders for a range of communications issues and situations including aspirational communication, influencing, negotiation, delegation/coaching, facilitation, and conflict.
- Pitch Advice: Consulting to large-scale pitches for public and private sector projects. Advising on pitch strategy, messaging and delivery.
- Building High Performance teams: Working with teams to build performance by focusing the team on clear goals and strategies, developing a high performance team culture and developing communication strategies that manage and influence external stakeholders.
- Relationship Management: Working with individuals and teams to develop strategies and skills to effectively manage internal and external, trust-based relationships.
- Leadership Development: Working with senior leaders to provide individual feedback on thinking and behaviours as perceived by self and others. Coaching individuals to develop new thinking and behaviours to increase professional effectiveness
Formerly Bernie has worked in the New Zealand dairy industry and the information technology industry. He has .B.Sc. (Honours) from Canterbury University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Food Science & Technology (Distinction) from Massey University. He is an accredited coach with Human Synergistics (GSI/LSI) and NLP Practitioner.
Bob is a practitioner, coach, facilitator, trainer and consultant. Bob combines a strong emphasis on positively sponsoring individuals and a tough sense of holding people accountable. He is able to truly understand people at a deeper level and provide powerful insights into their thinking and behaviours..
The scope of Bob’s work covers:
- Leadership Development: Coaching a number of government departments as an accredited coach on their panel. Working with a number of senior public sector managers to improve their work performance. Also as an accredited coach and facilitator of two Action Learning Groups for the LDC. And, co-facilitator of the commencement workshop for Cohort 2 of the LDC Advanced Leadership Programme.
- Consulting and Facilitation: Many significant consulting or facilitation engagements with more than 25 public sector agencies, over the last 15 years.
- Counselling: Working with individuals to uncover and resolve personal barriers to effectiveness.
- Stakeholder Relationship Review: Conducting high level reviews of organisational relationships.
Formerly a principal consultant with global consulting and accounting firm KPMG (1995-2000). Prior to that spent seven years with international chemicals company ICI, including two in the senior IT and systems (CIO equivalent) role. Also held equivalent positions at the Reserve Bank and Internal Affairs. His early career was 15 years in the Catholic Church, including 11 years of full-time study and training, four of those as post-graduate study in Rome and Paris, and gained significant pastoral care and counselling-related training and experience as a priest.
Member of NZ Association of Counsellors, and a Master Practitioner in NLP (neuro-linguistic programming).
Terry is a result-orientated programme director and coach. Terry is someone who gets things done. He also gets the right things done and has that rare ability to bring people with him. Terry has a successful track record of managing complex programmes, personalities and projects.
The scope of Terry's work includes:
- Driving Outcomes: Helping teams take responsibility for delivering against challenging targets. Resolving contentious or impasse situations and following through to delivery. Quickly getting to the 'nub of issues and delivering practical solutions to introduce change and efficiency gains.
- Developing People: Connecting with people to build trust, identify opportunity and help people realise their potential. People like working with Terry because he engages them without ego and makes work enjoyable. One of his key strengths is an ability to motivate and build close teams to drive outcomes.
- Pragmatic Planning: Bringing a breadth of commercial experience to the planning stages of large projects. That experience includes - compliance, IT, change, and business strategy. Creating project plans that translate into building a momentum of action.
Terry is currently a director for Aquestra and has provided commercial advice and project management for New Zealand Post, Department of Corrections, Meridian Energy, Electricity Commission and Tower Investments. He has formerly worked as a consultant for Deloittes and Ernst & Young. He has been a Commercial Advisor for Wellington International Airport and the New Zealand Fire Service. He trained originally as an auditor.
Karen is a facilitator, change agent, leadership coach and consultant. Karen turns around difficult situations. She has a can-do attitude and inspires others by example and with her own integrity. She can handle the tough times without losing her compassion. Her energy and focus are infectious.
The scope of Karen's works covers:
- Change Navigation: Working with teams to navigate the turbulence of change without compromising capability or delivery. Taking responsibility for maintaining momentum. Rapidly conceptualising complex problems and identifying practical paths forward. Striving for continuous improvement
- Organisational Discipline: Implementing metrics and success measures that can foster continuous improvement. Creating project and governance processes that balance results against risk.Taking a strong focus on customer outcomes and translating those outcomes into effective business processes.
- Strategic communication: Using Governance models to facilitate collaborative communication at all levels. Getting everyone on the same page and working together. Recovering from poor governance and delivery using stakeholder relationship building and transparent negotiation.
Karen works as a freelance coach and consultant after having been Head of Project Services and PMO with Gen-i for the last three years. She has management experience in the banking, insurance, government, telecommunications and retail industries. Karen has 11 years in senior management roles in very large organisations, and 14 years of project and programme management experience. Karen is a graduate of Quinnipiac and Yale University and has lived and worked in the USA, UK, South Africa, Canada and New Zealand.
Karen is an accredited Member of the Project Management Institute since 1991.